October 31 - November 4, 2016
El Paso, Texas
As the premier fuzzy society in North America established in 1981, NAFIPS's purpose is to help guide and encourage the development of fuzzy sets and related technologies for the benefit of mankind.
Trip to Carlsbad Caverns -- Important Information: Please review important USCIS information regarding documents to bring to Friday's tour.
Registration: is now closed online, and will reopen on Monday October 31 on site at the conference.
Program now available! You can check it directly on the program page of this website.
Pre-conference Symposium: UTEP CyberSec Symposium: "Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cyber Security" will be held on Monday, October 31, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at UTEP. Please check the program and register.
NAFIPS 2016 aims at bringing together researchers, engineers, and practitioners to present and share their latest achievements and innovations in the area of fuzzy information processing, to discuss thought-provoking developments and challenges, and to consider potential future directions.
Topics of interest include:
- Fuzzy sets methodology/Algorithms/Mathematics
- Computational Intelligence/Learning
- Fuzzy modeling/Intelligent data analysis
- Pattern recognition/Image processing
- Data mining/Databases
- Human-centric interfaces/Visualization
- Neuro-fuzzy systems/Evolutionary optimization & Adaptive systems/Uncertainty management
- Control/Robotics/Computer vision
- Software engineering & Intelligent agents
- Applications/Computational experiments/Case studies
- Biomedical applications
- Hybrid architectures
- Analysis of structures under uncertainty
- Constraints/Soft constraints
- Decision making under uncertainty
NAFIPS 2016 Program
- 03/07/2016: Special session proposals
- 06/14/2016: Papers due (extended deadline)
- 10/31-11/04/2016: Conference