October 31 - November 4, 2016
El Paso, Texas
As the premier fuzzy society in North America established in 1981, NAFIPS's purpose is to help guide and encourage the development of fuzzy sets and related technologies for the benefit of mankind.
NAFIPS 2016 -- PROGRAM
Preliminary program is available here.
List of plenary talks:
- Samir Abou-Samra, DigiPen Institute of Technology, USA
- [Canceled] Ildar Batyrshin, Centro de Investigación en Computación, Instituto Politechnico Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
- Piero Bonissone, Piero P Bonissone Analytics, LLC, CEO, USA
- Martine De Cock, Institute of Technology of the University of Washington Tacoma & Ghent University, Belgium
- Victor Raskin, Purdue University
- Christian Servin, El Paso Community College, El Paso, Texas, USA
- Dongrui Wu, DataNova LLC, USA
- Pre-conference Symposium: UTEP CyberSec Symposium: "Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cyber Security" will be held on Monday, October 31, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at UTEP. Please check the program and register.
- Social events planned during the conference:
- Conference Welcome reception: on Monday October, 31st from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Visit of the Dia de los Muertos exhibits at the El Paso Museum of Art: on Wednesday November, 2nd starting at 3 p.m.
- Conference Banquet: on Wednesday November, 2nd, at the Stateline Restaurant
- Trip to Carlsbad Caverns, NM: on Friday November, 4th all day.
Note: If you are a Non-Immigrant visa holder, student, visitor, etcetera, with a valid passport and visa, please check information about what to make sure to bring to the Carlsbad excursion.
NAFIPS 2016 Program
- 03/07/2016: Special session proposals
- 06/14/2016: Papers due (extended deadline)
- 10/31-11/04/2016: Conference